Peanuts’ timeless holiday television special comes to life on stage with the national tour of A Charlie Brown Christmas Live On Stage, skating into more than 20 cities this fall. The critically acclaimed holiday celebration that the whole family can enjoy brings Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, and the rest of the Peanuts gang together live on stage as they uncover the true meaning of Christmas and perform songs from the unforgettable musical score in a tribute to the legendary composer Vince Guaraldi. The Broadway-style production complete with all-new immersive sets, lighting, choreography, and colorful costumes has sold more than 300,000 tickets over the prior holiday seasons. The tour visits Greensburg, Pennsylvania on November 26, Charles M. Schulz’s birthday; he would have turned 100 years old this year.
“A Charlie Brown Christmas Live on Stage is a truly charming and heartwarming production. Seeing the show is a new holiday tradition for many families as well as those who are nostalgic for the classic animated special,” says Todd Gershwin from Gershwin Entertainment, the producers of the live show. “It’s also a great way for young children to experience a theatre show for the first time. There’s really no better way for fans to celebrate this holiday treasure than with the Peanuts gang.”
Peanuts is among the most popular and influential brands in the world, and Schulz’s Emmy and Peabody award-winning story has been a longstanding tradition, warming the hearts of millions of fans since it first aired on television over 55 years ago. A Charlie Brown Christmas Live On Stage encompasses each of your favorite scenes from the original animated special, with more fun, more music, and more finding the true Christmas spirit. After the final bow, the show crescendos into a celebration of holiday music as the cast sings traditional Christmas songs and carols. The show is 90 minutes including intermission.
For the latest news and updates from cast on the road, follow A Charlie Brown Christmas Live on Stage on Facebook and Instagram (@charliebrownchristmaslive) and Twitter (@cbchristmaslive); #ACharlieBrownChristmas.
A Charlie Brown Christmas Live On-Stage tour dates include:
- November 18 Gulfport, MS Immersive Media Performing Arts Center
- November 19 Galveston, TX The Grand 1894 Opera House
- November 21 Oxford, AL Oxford Performing Arts Center
- November 23 Roanoke, VA Burglund Center
- November 25 Red Bank, NJ Count Bassie Theatre
- November 26 Greensburg, PA Palace Theatre
- November 27 Columbus, OH The Palace Theatre
- November 29 Ames, IA Stephens Auditorium
- November 30 Joliet, IL Rialto Square
- December 1 Saint Charles, MO Family Arena
- December 2 Evansville, IN Old National Events Plaza
- December 4 Detroit, MI Fox Theatre
- December 6 Sioux City, IA Orpheum Theatre
- December 7 Sioux Falls, SD Washington Pavilion
- December 9 Nashville, TN The Fisher Center for the Performing Arts
- December 10 Conway, AR Reynolds Performance Hall
- December 11 Beaumont, TX Jefferson Theatre
- December 12 Lufkin, TX Temple Theater
- December 13 Dallas, TX Majestic Theatre
- December 15 Wabash, IN Honeywell Center
- December 16 Warren, OH W.D. Packard Music Hall
- December 17-18 New Buffalo, MI Four Winds Casinos
- December 20 Utica, NY The Stanley Theatre
- December 22-24 New York, NY The Palladium Theatre
- December 27 New Orleans, LA Orpheum Theatre
Learn more here.