After the addition of thousands of comics in recent weeks, the DC UNIVERSE has just announced the full availability of the ultimate DC digital comics library. DC’s vast library encompasses more than 21,000 single issue comics published over 80 years. The price of DC UNIVERSE remains unchanged and now includes the added benefit of all the DC comics members can read, even view on a big screen, enjoying every vivid detail. Individual issues published 12 months prior to any given date are now available on DC UNIVERSE and new additions will arrive every month following a 12 month publication date.
Deciding how to dive into the thousands of titles is easy with curated content and editorial collections highlighted for members on the comics page of the DC UNIVERSE digital service. Each week, DC UNIVERSE provides comic book recommendations that tie to current or upcoming films and series, or guides members to the origin material for upcoming originals, allowing DC fans to delve deeper into the complex Super Hero stories that come to life on this first-of-its kind service.
“DC UNIVERSE is so much more than great video content; it’s a portal to dive deep into the ever-expanding stories and art of comics. The ultimate digital comic book library deepens that engagement and discovery by giving fans even more access to the multiverse of DC,” said DC UNIVERSE Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sam Ades. “Given the expansiveness of the additional digital comic books we’re adding, we are excited to include more tools and recommendations to help fans jump in and explore their DC UNIVERSE.”
“We are always looking for new ways to deliver our comics and reach the widest possible audience,” stated DC Chief Creative Officer and Publisher, Jim Lee. “The addition of more than 80 years of iconic Super Hero storytelling to DC UNIVERSE creates a seamless experience where fans can jump from their favorite DC show right into the comic it’s based on. Our goal was to create the ultimate digital comics library and we’ve done that with this DC UNIVERSE expansion.”
Member benefits of the Ultimate Digital Comic Book Library include:
- Access to more than 21,000 comics
- Native, untethered access brings DC UNIVERSE to your living room without the need for additional cords or adapters
- Reader features that allow you to lean-back and read comics in page mode, or autoplay comics panel by panel
- Fine-tuned controls that allow for zooming in and navigating artwork to see fine detail in high resolution
- The ability to pick up wherever you left off with cloud bookmarks
- Download capabilities for offline reading if you are on the go
- Access to curated editorial collections that tie back to current video offerings or lets you create your own collections via personal playlists
DC UNIVERSE is available today at $7.99 per month or $74.99 annually (plus taxes, where applicable). DC UNIVERSE is available in the U.S. on iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox One, as well as the web and mobile web, with more platforms coming soon. To learn more and purchase today, visit dcuniverse.com.