That’s the claim of artist Mark Raats, who recently tweeted out the following:
The artist who flipped the artwork and traced it is Norvien Basio, according to another TOPPS associate, KSGeekMan.
This adds to a substantial list of plagiarism claims connected with the Star Wars franchise under Disney.
- Accusations arose that specific elements from The Last Jedi screenplay were plagiarized from fan fiction.
- New accusations arose that editing techniques in The Last Jedi were plagiarized from Escape from L.A.
- Then it was discovered that the crystal foxes may have been lifted from a Polish artist.
- An artist seems to have been plagiarized in character posters for Solo.
- A nearly identical editing sequence for the throne room sequence was found in the Wizard of Oz.
- A scene from Ella Enchanted was found which seemed to lift costumes and choreography.
- Almost identical artwork seems to have been republished in the Star Wars: Imperial Handbook written by Daniel Wallace.
- More similarities between the Throne Room sequence of TLJ and the 1967 version of Casino Royale was found.
- Ships and characters in Star Wars: Resistance seem to have copied other designs.
- Some have suggested that The Razor from the Mandalorian was a rip off of Nell.
- The TIE Dorrito bore striking similarities to a design done by artist EC Henry.
Thanks to KSGeekMan for the tip.
Originally published here.